Imperfect Perfect Journal and More
Paint, stamp, fold, sew and more…..how much fun is that?!!!!
We will make a journal/book/? out of paper bag paper. We will paint and decorate the paper and turn it into a journal…with pockets and ties.
The “and more” is making acordian books out of various papers…….paper bag, old watercolors any paper that has some weight…card stock works too.…..light weight doesn’t work.
Come have fun and see how creative we can be………..not a hard thing for this group.
Materials for perfect imperfect journal and more [accordion books]
Think about what you want to use the journal for, sketching, notes, musings, images…..what colors for the cover and signatures [pages]. There are pockets for all kinds of goodies so what will you put in them?
- · Large paper bag
- · Acrylic paints, brushes, brayer,
- · Spray bottle for water,
- · Metal ruler, pencil, pens,
- · Stamps, stamp pads if you have them,
- · Utility knife, scissors,
- · Ribbon or something to tie the journal closed
- · Embellishments (up to you).
- · A large eye needle and embroidery thread (to sew the signature in with), glue stick.
- · Small bulldog clips or large paper clips.
- · Paper for signatures, that means “pages” in book speak. Copy paper works very well. You will need 20 pieces of paper 11 ½” wide by 6 /12” high. Any relatively thin paper works well.
- · Anything else you think you want to use.
- · Colored paper,
- · card stock,
- · paper bag….. It needs to be fairly heavy.
- · A sense of adventure.
Questions: judy’s email, firstname.lastname@example.org